Friday, August 19, 2011

DON'T TOUCH MY BABY! DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HER!

Hello All. Hope that this post finds you all doing well. Tonight we are going to talk about a subject that really gets at me. I am sure that it is an issue for many people, and tonight we will dissect it.

It is simple. We learn it from the time we are little kids, and continue to learn it throughout our life. In much of the world, they may chop off your hand if you are caught doing this. Here it is:

IF IT AINT YOURS, DON'T TOUCH IT!

And yes...that includes my child. I don't know what it is about people, but babies make them do really weird things. There are two that come to mind that I will explore in this blog. 

I know what you are thinking, and No. You shouldn't touch me.


1) Everyone is an expert when it comes to babies.

Wrong! I heard this guy do a comedy show relating the aforementioned concept to dogs, and how everyone is an expert when it comes to telling you what you are doing wrong with your dog. This is the same for babies. "Don't feed them this..." or "You shouldn't do that...". I'm sorry, but if you are younger than me and the most responsibility that you have is to brush your teeth and apply deodorant, don't try to tell me how to raise my kid. Advice is welcome from my parents, my wife parents, brothers and sisters with children, and some close friends. However, if you are a random person that I bump into in the store, I'm not looking for words of wisdom. Just wait, whether it is your dog or your baby in the future, you will get my point.

2) Please, don't touch my baby.

If I am not in the act of handing Addy to you, and much less if you are a fellow shopper of the HEB, then your grubby paws need to stay by your side. It's like people think that Addy wears a sign around her neck that says..."Please, feel free to touch me." Sorry my friend, but you are wrong. We were in HEB the other day and I was checking out with Addy in her stroller next to me, when out of the corner of my eye I see someone going toward her while talking in a baby voice. I began to think to myself, "I am fixing to have to turn around and tell this lady please don't touch my baby." Just as I turned around I heard a familiar voice. It was Kelly. She had run into one of her coworkers and wanted to show her Addy. It was fixing to be on. I am weird about stuff like that. Don't drink out of my cup, don't eat off of my plate, and whatever you do, please don't touch my baby.

Well there you have it. Just a couple things that get my blood pumping. I know that people mean well, but some don't. And in the world we live in today, I'd prefer if you didn't touch my child.

So, until next time, look, but don't touch.

Blessings,
-SH

No comments:

Post a Comment